Le Marché sur l’eau – The Market on water
The idea came out after several meetings with the actors in fluvial navigation (boatmen) and market gardeners near Paris, Claire-Emmanuelle Hue decides to use fluvial navigation as a type of shipping and sell local products. Obtaining in 2010 the award “Soft mobility” of CréaRÎF by the Île-de-France region and an crowdfunding campaign has accelerated the development of the project. In developing the project Market on water, it will reduce the ecological imprint of our food consumption
– Market on water is an association composed of three types of members : full members, active members, supporting members, a board of directors, employees and volunteers.
– Farmers and market gardeners
– L’Atelier, Regional Resource Centre of Social and Solidarity Economy / Participates in financing the project by obtaining award of the contest CréaRîF Entreprendre autrement 2010.
– 4 clubs Cigales of Île-de-France (Investors Club To An Alternative and Local Management of Solidarity Savings) / financial support.
– Regional Delegation of Ile-de-France / Financial Partner for 2012 and distinction in the contest « L’alimentation autrement ».
– Mayor of Paris / Winner 2011 call of projects of the social and united economy
– City of Pantin / Support association in its technical development.
– La Rotonde-Place Stalingrad / Receive distributions of the association and make available its restaurant terrace and storage local for free.
– Feeling dace factory / Receive association’s crates and stands between the distributions for free.
– Cafézoïde (cultural coffee children) / Take over and cook vegetables coming abandoned baskets and unsold Rodonde ’s market.
– Blend (communication agency) / Voluntarily designs the visual identity of the association and realize communications materials.
– Agricultural Urbanism Lab / Realize for free analysis of the environmental lifecycle.
Role of design
Through its strong convictions based on respect for people and their natural environment, Market on water aims to develop a better knowledge of the agricultural world, its reality and its difficulties. The project wants to turn its action into a participative way, beginning to listen to its members and promoting dialogue around agricultural production. Moreover, Market on water wants to create a direct link between farmers and consumers, which are committed to purchase production at a fairy price and by paying early.
CONTACT (of the editor)
AssociationbMarché sur l’eau Adress : 204 rue de Crimée 75019 Paris – Email : firstname.lastname@example.org